Recent Webinars on early childhood and literacy development:
- All Together Now! Developing Systemic Responses to Chronic Absence:
The Campaign and Attendance Works jointly sponsored this webinar explaining how Los Angeles, Oakland and Buffalo are using system approaches to chronic absence. Nov 13, 2012
- Coordinated Longitudinal Early Childhood Data Systems in Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Applications:
The Early Childhood Data Collaborative put together this webinar to highlight the findings of their report, “Developing Coordinated and Longitudinal Data Systems: Trends and Opportunities in the Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge Applications (RTT-ELC).” The webinar slides are available here.
- Early Childhood Data Systems:
Linking school readiness, early childhood systems building and third grade reading, webinar sponsored by the BUILD Initiative.
- Don’t ‘DYS’ Our Kids: Dyslexia and the Quest for Grade-Level Reading Proficiency
The Campaign and the Tremaine Foundation jointly hosted this webinar on meeting the needs of children with dyslexia and ensuring all students read proficiently.
Webinars on the All-America City Awards
- Introductory Webinar for Participating Cities and Communities
- Part One: Introduction to the 2012 All-America City Grade-Level Reading Award
- Part Two: Early Grade Reading & the All-America City Award: Local Viewpoints
- Part Three: All-America City Grade-Level Reading Award Q/A Session
- 2012 All-America City Grade-Level Reading Award Webinar for Participating Communities (Oct 31)
- Coalition Building and Summer Learning Webinar (Nov. 17)
- Calculating Chronic Absence and Coordinating with Multiple School Districts (Dec. 14)
- Attendance Works: Data Tools for Tracking Chronic Absence with PowerPoint. (Jan. 5)
- School Readiness webinar and PowerPoint (Jan. 10)
- Attendance Works: Mining the ]ata, Sharing the Results with PowerPoint and Sample Slide Deck (Jan. 19)
- Leveraging Your PBS Stationwebinar (streaming and download) Spreadsheet of ]BS Stations (Jan. 19)
- Attendance Works: Universal Strategies for Reducing Chronic Absence with PowerPoint. (Feb. 2)
- Early Childhood, Summer Learning and Peer Review and PowerPoint (Feb. 9)
- The Application and Beyond and PowerPoint (March 8)
Ask the Expert
These short webinars target key issues for network members. Some are recorded specifically for the network and come from partners or allies.